Thursday, June 16, 2011

Well, as usual I am not very good at keeping up a blog. I’m going to try to start over again…

As other things in my life are starting to fall apart (or at least they are feeling like that), then I have to figure that I need to do something to keep myself together. I will continue to talk about books and my reading, and hopefully my writing as well, but I may include some stuff about my personal life. Starting now.

I have been rejected from 3 different jobs in the past month or so. I am doing my very best not to be upset about it, but it’s definitely starting to wear on me. Am I not good enough? Am I ever going to get promoted again? Should I be looking for something different to do? I know that all 3 of those jobs weren’t the right one… that the right job will come along but I am not good at being patient. I am very antsy about moving on with my life as I didn’t think it would take this long to move forward in my career. I know that there are other things that I can be concentrating on and that will just have to be my personal life instead.

 

I am currently reading “The Happiness Project”

and I don’t think that I like it. I think it might be making me feel like I’m not doing enough in my life, or in my marriage to make sure that I am happy. Sure… I know that I am dwelling on not getting promoted right now but gosh darn it I think I deserve to be miserable about it, at least for a little while. In all honestly, I know who I am and what I can do, and I know that eventually someone else will see that and give me a job where I can use all of my energy, creative juices and maybe get better compensated for it. For right now I want to be miserable and upset. At least until tomorrow. I’ll keep posting on the Happiness Project… maybe it will get better and I continue to read it. Maybe it will convince me to move on with my life.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Challenges

2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Auriella has read 5 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

Goodreads Updates

About Me

I am a happily married 30-something year old, with a full time career and the cutest pug named Lilly, and pughuahua named Daisy. I love to talk about what I'm reading, so I hope you come back and feel free to comment along with me.

Followers