Tuesday, June 21, 2011

 

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

 

Maybe if I keep repeating this to myself it will help…

I’ve been looking up things on patience and it is very interesting to me. I know that I am an impatient person, but not in the sense that most websites talk about. I guess my impatience is really towards the things that I can not do anything about, or at least that which I do not think I can do anything about. I cannot make a decision for someone else and I it is hard for me to wait to hear a decision that will effect my life from someone else. Once the decision is made I can deal with it, I may be upset for a little while but I can definitely deal with it. I am not as impatient and I think I am… (I’m now imagining a little train going “I think I can, I think I can”). I know I can… I just have to wait for someone else to know I can too.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Challenges

2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Auriella has read 5 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

Goodreads Updates

About Me

I am a happily married 30-something year old, with a full time career and the cutest pug named Lilly, and pughuahua named Daisy. I love to talk about what I'm reading, so I hope you come back and feel free to comment along with me.

Followers