Thursday, February 11, 2021

 It is now the year 2021 and I will attempt to begin this blog again. It’s been years since I’ve had a blog and felt such an urge to write my thoughts more than speak them out loud. Feel free to join me on this journey. First, I shall start with a little bit about me.

I am now a young woman in my mid-thirties, though my brain is sometimes confused and it feels as though I am much younger than I truly am and that I am also at times, much older. My hobbies consist of the mundane and solitaire... I spend time enjoying being alone with myself often crafting of the stitching persuasion - both cross-stitch and knitting. I also enjoy reading, much to my poor husband’s displeasure. When spending time together with him, we enjoy a good movie and also playing board games with each other and friends.

This last year has been trying on all of us. Forced to spend time alone in our homes, and wishing we were using this time to make ourselves better instead of just letting the time run past us and move at both the most rapid pace that time has ever moved in my lifetime and also at the slowest it has ever moved at the same time. Nothing like a global pandemic to make you try to take stock of what is most precious while also trying not to let the most precious in our life out of our grasp. I have not learned any new skills, even though I have had many intentions to do so but instead spent far too much time on social media and watching the television for hopes of escaping reality.

Instead of dwelling on the fact that I have not taken the time to better myself, I have decided to embrace my love of knitting, cross-stitching and reading and perhaps find something to write about again. Though I doubt that anyone will truly enjoy my musings here, I will do my best to make it a regular habit to discuss the things that I read, and perhaps share some of the thoughts that until recently have been trapped in my mind. 

Until next time,

A

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Challenges

2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Auriella has read 5 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

Goodreads Updates

About Me

I am a happily married 30-something year old, with a full time career and the cutest pug named Lilly, and pughuahua named Daisy. I love to talk about what I'm reading, so I hope you come back and feel free to comment along with me.

Followers