Thursday, February 11, 2021

This is the best book I’ve read all year. Now, I know the year just started so that may not seem like saying much but honestly, I really enjoyed reading it. 

If you do not like Shakespeare, then I do not recommend reading this book. It definitely brought me back to my college years of studying the language and looking for more than what the written word says. I was hungry to understand what was being felt by especially the main character, but also all of the friends that the story was about. It was truly a masterpiece.

I spent the last two days reading it. Happy that I had time during a planned yet unplanned week off work. I’ve been burning the candle at both ends as they say and spending far too much of my waking time focused on other people’s problems as well as trying to get my work done. Knowing I deserved the time off, doesn’t make actually taking the time off much easier but reading this book made me happy to have the time to lounge and enjoy. 

The words are still circling around in my brain and making me feel giddy for having spent so much time enjoying and relaxing in them. Seriously, if you enjoy a good quasi-mystery and Shakespeare, definitely check it out.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Challenges

2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Auriella has read 5 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

Goodreads Updates

About Me

I am a happily married 30-something year old, with a full time career and the cutest pug named Lilly, and pughuahua named Daisy. I love to talk about what I'm reading, so I hope you come back and feel free to comment along with me.

Followers