Sunday, March 6, 2011
I am officially 68% of the way through Switched by Amanda Hocking. I have already read her "My Blood Approves" series and awaiting the next installment. I have read that this Trylle Series is her most successful, but reading the blurb I wasn't quite sure it was exactly what i was looking forward to reading... see what you think.

"When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy discovers her mother might have been right.

With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - a world both beautiful and frightening, and Wendy's not sure she wants to be a part of it."

Well, regardless of whether it sounded like my cup of tea, there has been a lot of talk recently about Amanda's success as a self publisher on the Kindle. I would love to have success as a writer some day so I have a lot of respect for Amanda and I thought I would give it a try. I even paid the whoppin' $.99, which is strange considering my books as of late have all been of the free persuasion. Anyway, now that I am 68% of the way through the book, I am sure that I will be reading the next two in the series very shortly. It's a great fantasy concept and unlike "My Blood Approves", has nothing to do with Vampires and is a world completely created by Amanda. I definitely recommend it, at least so far!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Challenges

2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Auriella has read 5 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

Goodreads Updates

About Me

I am a happily married 30-something year old, with a full time career and the cutest pug named Lilly, and pughuahua named Daisy. I love to talk about what I'm reading, so I hope you come back and feel free to comment along with me.

Followers